- 2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
3 cups quick oats
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, milk, cocoa and salt. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Continue boiling 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and peanut butter; stirring until peanut butter is melted. Add oats and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until firm. Store tightly covered.
Makes about 3 dozen.
ETA: I adjusted this recipe. Instead of 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, I put 3 HUGE dollops of peanut butter, it turns out MUCH better.